Wednesday, November 2, 2011

...embarrasment...

To everyone who wouldn't want to go through of the things that I had gone through recently. Everytime when there's a private number or anonymous number calling I would be very careful and ask who is it....but then this call made me feel or look stupid.

I have received a call from Astro last 2 weeks ago asking me to come to KL for an interview but then i told them 'NO' because the interview is 3 days away and i don't have enough money to buy ticket to fly. So then i thought they would never call again.

Last week was October. It was the month of Octoberfest where people drink till they're dying or drink like there' no tomorrow. It was on Saturday evening at 8pm...as I was getting ready to go out with a friend of mine, there's a call from a private number. I t goes like this:

Me : Hello?

Him : Hello? R u Eugenia Ida Edward?

Me : Yes.

Him : Do you still remember me?

Me : (Trying hard to listen to the familiar voice and suddenly noticed that I actually know who he is) What the hell?! Of coz I know who you are! U're Kucai! My God, how are u?!

Him : (Sounds puzzled) Im fine Thank u. U're Eugenia Ida Edward, right?

Me : Of Coz la. Y u kept on asking me that? Crazy o u. Hey, do you want to join me? i'm goin to October fest. Let's go there. It'll be fun!

Him : What do they have there?

Me : Lots! beer drinking sessions and music! Let's go there.

Him : Where is it?

Me : Waterfront! U should come....

Him : Where is it?

Me : U mean u don't know where's waterfront? My God...r u crazy? it's in kk...Then after that i'll bring you to penampang so that u know where to find me later. we're going to the clubs in penampang.

Him : what do they have there?

Me : Band la! and then we dance!

Him : Eugenia Ida Edward....I'm so sorry to tell you this...I'm not your friend.

Me : What d'u mean? Kucai...r u ok?

Him : My name's Alex...I'm not Kucai...You're friend. Im calling from Astro. We are calling you to inform you that you are qualified to be a part of our team in customer service....

Me : (My jaw drop like it'll never close....) I'm really really sorry....!

....since that incident i'll never assume anyone. My God i feel so embarrass although we're not dealing face 2 face but i can feel that he'll never call me again by asking do you remember me? what kind of company would like to call at night and on saturday evening some more. crazy!

at the end of our onversation....he managed to tell me to have fun and enjoy my night on the octoberfest...that went awkwardly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello.
so do you like that song?
how are you?
i hope you are doin fine.
anyway.
selamat tahun baru.
hopefully you will find someone new with an exciting journey of love!!
ameeeen!
and one more thing.
dont ever stop writing love.
=)

FreeUgenia said...

thanks anonymous...